Do you want to teach Permaculture or Sustainability topics?
This course is for you if you are interested in teaching permaculture and/or other related
Aim of the course to enable people to deliver permaculture courses - the subjects and techniques covered will also be useful in teaching other subjects
Pre-requisites – to have studied permaculture previously, ideally hold a Permaculture Design Certificate
• Ethics, principles and patterns of teaching and learning
• Course formats appropriate to different audiences and subjects
• Learning goals and Learning needs assessment
• Designing programmes for short and long courses
• Session planning and preparation
• Micro-teach sessions
• Practical sessions and tours
• Course teams and preparation
• Publicity and marketing
• People care during courses
• Working with officials
Each participant will have at least two opportunities for teaching a 20 ¬minute slot.
This is not a Permaculture Design course. Participants are expected to have a PDC certificate or equivalent experience.
About the Tutor: Tomas Remiarz has over 20 years experience in permaculture teaching and design practice in the UK and across Europe, including delivery of the Permaculture Training of Teachers programme. Tomas is the author of “Forest Gardening in Practice”. He currently lives and works in a rural co-housing project in Herefordshire.
Members of the Permaculture Association can add Events, Courses, Jobs and Opportunities to the website noticeboard.
Join or log in to add yours.
Become a member