This is the 10th Permaculture Design Course in Glasgow with Lusi Alderslowe! Permaculture is a holistic design system for sustainable living, creating systems for minimum effort and maximum effect. This course is one weekend per month. The first module can also be taken as a stand alone introduction, which allows you to come along and meet everyone before you commit to the rest of the course. From February to June we will be exploring all the remaining core topics of the Permaculture Design Course, which enables participants to recieve the Permaculture Association's Internationally recognised Certificate.
Using a diverse range of different teaching styles we will find out more about
* the Permaculture Design Process: SADIMET, and the theory and practice of different design tools from mapping to turning waste into resources. This includes different opportunities to use the design tools and create an entire design in a small group.
* Permaculture ethics and principles and their application
* Themes of soil, water, plants& trees, growing your own food, the built environment, resource use, social systems and contexts.
* Different sites including the Concrete Garden, Kintyre Bioregion, Tarbert Health Centre and others (tbc).
* Next steps on your permaculture pathway.
We will be based at teh concrete garden and visit various other sites on different weekends, with the May module being in Argyll on the Mull of Kintyre @ Ed Tyler's inspirational permaculture house and garden and the rest of the Kintyre Bioregion Permaculture ScotLAND Centre
Members of the Permaculture Association can add Events, Courses, Jobs and Opportunities to the website noticeboard.
Join or log in to add yours.
Become a member