This is a 2-day introduction to the concept and techniques of forest gardening, involving theory and practice from visioning to harvesting.
The course will cover:
• Benefits of forest gardening
• Site selection and design
• Integration of permaculture principles and design process
• Species' selection
• Plant propagation
• Site preparation, establishment and maintenance; harvesting
• Integration with other farm and garden systems
The course will assist participants to visualize, plan, establish and continue to maintain, harvest and learn from a forest garden, be it at home or on someone else's land such as a community garden, school garden, etc.
You will be able to go home and start your journey into forest gardening and be better informed to manage a forest garden that you have already started. And you’ll know how to continue your journey through research into existing literature and being part of an ever-growing network of forest gardeners in the UK.